Welcome to Miss Sarin’s 4th Grade classroom. I cannot wait to begin a new, fun, and successful school year. It is my goal to provide excellent instruction in education as well as provide support for your child’s social and moral development. Fourth grade is an exciting time as children refine and reinforce all of the knowledge they have gained in the previous year, but it is also a new year full of challenges. I believe in helping my students reach their individual and personal potential. Each child will progress at their own rate and I will be there every step of the way, motivating them and helping them build and maintain a secure foundation and high self-esteem in themselves.
My expectations of students:
· Try their best.
· To turn in homework on time.
· Get a good night’s sleep and be well rested for the next day.
· To arrive to school on time and prepared to work.
My expectations of parents:
· Provide a quiet environment for students to do their homework (away from distractions and interruptions)
· Help and encourage students to find and read books.
· Expect your child to do his/her best.
Expectations of me:
· Provide a classroom conducive to learning.
· Correct class work and homework weekly.
· Assist your child with his/her needs.
· Encourage your child to do his or her best.
Students’ behavior and punctuality will play a major role in their overall success within my classroom; therefore, a good start at home will mean a good start at school. I look forward to working with you and your child to make this school year a truly excellent one.
I look forward to meeting with you at Back-to-School Night to further discuss our classroom policies.