For the first quarter...
- the summer book reports completed by each student will be accounted for in their overall grade
For the second quarter....
students will have to choose and read a book at their grade level or from the list provided below.
- students will later provide a written report using the template provided by the teacher in class
- students will have to choose and read a book at their grade level or from the list provided
- students will make a poster that displays thier favorite scene from the book
- poster can also be used as an advertisement that encourages other to read the book
- students will have to choose and read another book at their grade level or from the list provided below
- students will later construct a diorama (three-dimensional scene which includes models of people, buildings, plants and animals) of one of the main events of the book. A written description of the scene will be included and presented in class (a shoe box can be used to make a diorama).
2nd Grade Chapter Book Suggestions:
The Magic Tree House Series*
Geronimo Stilton Series*
Mercy Watson Series*
Nancy Drew Series*
Flat Stanley Series*
Ready, Freddy Series*
Judy Moody Series*
Amelia Bedelia Series*
Rainbow Magic Series*
Ivy and Bean Series*